I'm so OCD when it comes to books I could make a top 50 or even top 100 list, but I'll stick to top 10. ':)
10) Judge books by their covers. Unfortunately I do judge books by their covers, I know I shouldn't but I can't help it. I didn't read The Hunger Games for a long time just because of that reason.
9) I'm a horrible speller. I can not spell to save my life, honestly. If you ask me to spell a big word, you won't get an answer, but if you write it out and ask me to read it I'd be able to. I'm not very good at grammar either, sorry if any of my reviews or anything else I write on the blog is wrong, grammar wise.
8) I Like to shop for books alone. I don't like people going to the store with me while I shop for books, mainly because I feel like I'm in a hurry with other people there. Maybe it's just because I'm a loner like that. (:
7) I travel for the library. I don't like to check books out at my hometown library, instead I go to a library that's about 45 minutes away from my house. My hometown library is a historic building, it was built sometime in the late 1800s, and while it is a beautiful building, the books don't seem like they have been updated, ever. No offence to anyone there, they are all very nice people.
6) Dog Earring drives me crazy! I can't stand it when people "dog-ear" books. Even if I hear someone say they dog ear pages I cringe, no joke. Every time anyone borrows one of my books I always send a bookmark along with it, just so that they won't dog ear or bend any of the pages. I sound like a snob, but I like to keep my books in good shape.
If I don't have a bookmark on hand I'll use anything I can get my hands. From cd cases, and remotes to hair ties and currently it's a fabric softener in one of the books I'm reading.
5) Don't break the spine! I don't like breaking the spine of books, I guess it goes along with the dog-ear problem where I like to keep books in good shape.
4) My Series has to match. I like to get book covers in series to match. Or if I have the first book in that series a hardcover I like the rest of the books to be a hardcover as well.
3) I'm an awkward person. And I'm a really shy person. I'm not very good at commenting or responding to comments on the blog, most of the time you'll just get a "Thank you for stopping by!" or "Thanks for the comment!" from me. I'm sorry about that. I've always been like that. I really do enjoy reading your comments and hearing your thoughts.
2) I skim at times. Sometimes I skim through the book that I'm reading, if the book is boring or I'm just in a hurry to get done with it.
1) I don't read the books I buy. I mean, it takes me so long to read books that I own. But I love to collect them. Maybe I'm just an impulsive buyer.
If I check out books (from a library that's 45 min. away, see #7) I tend to read them fast, even the humongous books (like the book thief). I just think to my self, I own these books, I have all the time in the world (at least until 12/22/12)* to read them. I will get around to reading them, it'll just take time. But I do seem to read a lot of the books that I own in the winter time, when I can not or don't want to brave the ice and snow to get to the library.
*Yes I do believe in the 2012 world ending. I don't like to watch shows or movies about it, like the movie 2012,but I like to read post-apocalyptic books. Yes I already know I'm strange!
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab you'r current read
Open the book to a random page
Share with us two (2) "teasers" sentences form that page
Be careful not to include spoilers! (make sure what you share doesn't give away too much! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title of the book so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR pile if they'd like
Today my teaser comes from...
"Over a million? A Million books?" Her heart leapt and danced, and she cracked a smile. "I'd die before I even got through half of that!"
"You like to read?"
She raised an eyebrow. "Don't you?" Not waiting for an answer, she moved farther into the library, the train of her gown sweeping across the floor. She neared a shelf and looked at the titles. She recognized none of them. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas ~page 55
I'm your average butterbeer addict, animal loving, book worm. Reading is my drug of choice, and I don't have any interest to reform from my addiction. I could spend days in Borders (R.I.P. Borders) Barns and Noble and never be bored. I read just about anything but my favorite books are YA. Studying to be a veterinarian assistant.